who doesn’t love to have fun? However, if you ask an adult, “What do you want to do today?” what are the chances that you’ll get the response: “Let’s play!”? Maybe that’s why so many people in our society are so stressed, uptight and unhappy.
Physician and author Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, “We don’t quit playing because we grow older; we grow older because we quit playing.
Here are some ways you can incorporate play into your workplace and have fun all throughout the year:
- Have fun with photos: Set up a studio in an empty office, hallway, or conference room. Hire a photographer or use the best photographer on staff to take group and individual shots. Then post them to your company Facebook page, Instagram or your company blog or website.
- Get physical: Establish a series of contests for staff members trying to get in shape. Set up an hour-long health conference to establish guidelines and share a healthy lunch. Participants can then track key metrics —number of steps taken, floors climbed, distance traveled, calories burned — on their wearable devices.
- Organize games and activities: Companies including Dropbox offer recreational equipment including ping-pong tables and a music studio as perks, while Eventbrite takes its employees on team outings to the trampoline park. Organize softball, tennis, soccer, or bowling tournaments and other team challenges.
- Bring comedy into the office: It’s said viewing a comedy clip and enjoying snacks and drinks increases productivity by an average of 12 percent and as high as 20 percent.Incorporate humorous videos into your PowerPoint presentations. Everyone will leave with a smile on their faces.
- Break out the tunes: Bring in your own soundtrack or use one of the online music streaming services to set a fun tone around the office during dedicated “happy” hours.
- Eat, drink and be merry: Take off early one day and invite your coworkers out to a local restaurant or bar for happy hour. There’s no reason you can’t take the happy outside of the office. Having fun at work is proven to have substantial effects on workplace productivity.
Visit our online store and explore through our collection of Gaming console (Playstation) on rent, have fun.
Follow Facebook: InstaRents
Follow Twitter: https://twitter.com/instarents
Follow Instagram: @instarents